PARACLETE ENERGY INCORPORATED
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALES
These terms and conditions of sale shall apply to all orders placed by buyer (“Buyer”) with Paraclete Energy Incorporated, a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), via the Company’s website at www.paracleteenergy.com (the “Site”). The Company will accept Buyer’s orders, sell Products and do business only on the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Buyer, upon placing any order with the Company for the purchase of Products, shall be deemed to have accepted all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement without modification. Any term or condition contained in any correspondence that purports to add to, or is in any way inconsistent with, this Agreement is expressly rejected.
- Definitions. (a) “Agreement” means these terms and conditions of sale and any terms stated by the Company in a written sales acknowledgement relating to the Products ordered by Buyer, including, without limitation, e-mail confirmations; and (b) “Products” mean all items being sold by the Company to Buyer, whether finished goods, materials, products to be manufactured and/or installed, services to be rendered, or any combination thereof.
- Orders. Buyer agrees that its order is an offer to buy, under these terms and condition, all Products listed in its order. The Company has the right, in its sole discretion, to accept or reject any order. The Company may accept any order by confirming the order (whether by written or email notification or otherwise) or by delivering the Products, whichever occurs first. No order by Buyer is binding on the Company unless accepted by the Company as provided in this Agreement.
- Price; Taxes. The price for Products sold hereunder shall be the Company’s list price in effect at the time the order is placed. All prices are stated and payable in U.S. dollars. Price increases will only apply to orders placed after such changes. All prices posted on the Site are subject to change by the Company without notice. Buyer shall pay all sales, use, VAT and excise taxes as well as all tariffs, duties and other charges imposed on or measured by the sale of Products, except for those based upon the Company’s income (collectively, “Taxes”). Taxes shall be in addition to the prices charged by the Company. Applicable Tax exemption certificates must accompany any order to which the same applies.
- Payment. Buyer’s payment for Products purchased via the Site must be received and deposited by the Company before the Company’s acceptance of an order. All payments shall be made in US Dollars. Any and all fees attributable to Buyer’s payments, including, without limitation, payments made via wire transfer or automated clearing house (ACH), shall be the sole responsibility of Buyer. Buyer represents and warrants that (i) any credit card information supplied to us is true, correct and complete, (ii) Buyer is duly authorized to use such credit card for the purchase, (iii) charges incurred by Buyer will be honored by its credit card company, and (iv) Buyer will pay charges incurred by it at the posted prices, including all applicable Taxes, if any.
- Shipment. The Company shall ship all Products F.O.B. (as defined in the Uniform Commercial Code) the Company’s facility. Title to and all risk of loss or damage to the Products shall pass to Buyer upon delivery of the Products to the carrier for shipment. Unless Buyer chooses specific delivery options via the Site, the Company is authorized to make shipping arrangements on Buyer’s behalf. Buyer shall be responsible for all shipping and handling charges specified during the ordering process. Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement to the contrary, any timeframe provided by the Company is a good faith estimate of the expected delivery date for the Products. The Company will use commercially reasonable efforts to fill Buyer’s orders within the time stated but in no event shall the Company be liable for any damages associated with the Company’s inability to meet any such estimated timeframes or deadlines.
- Cancellation. Buyer may not cancel an order without the Company’s prior written consent, which it may withhold in its sole discretion.
- No Warranty. THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES REGARDING THE PRODUCTS, USAGE OF THE TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING, OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. INSTEAD, ALL PRODUCTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT ARE SOLD BY THE COMPANY ON AN “as is, WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS.
- Limitation of Liability. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY OR any of ITS AFFILIATES OR SUBSIDIARIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, OWNERS OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUE, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, STRICT LIABILITY OR NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF THE SAME HAS BEEN SPECIFICALLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITIES OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE COMPANY’S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING IN ANY MANNER TO THE PRODUCTS OR OTHERWISE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OR NATURE OF THE ACTION, SHALL BE LIMITED TO BUYER’S DIRECT ACTUAL DAMAGES NOT EXCEEDING THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID TO THE COMPANY BY BUYER FOR THE PRODUCTS WHICH ARE THE SUBJECT OF THE APPLICABLE CLAIM. NO ACTION, REGARDLESS OF FORM, ARISING OUT OF THE TRANSACTIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT MAY BE BROUGHT MORE THAN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION HAS ACCRUED. THE COMPANY HAS RELIED ON THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND BUYER EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THIS PROVISION IS ESSENTIAL IN THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE PRICING OF THE PRODUCTS. THE LIMITATIONS ON, AND EXCLUSIONS FROM, LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Indemnification. Buyer shall defend, indemnify and hold the Company and its affiliates and subsidiaries and their respective officers, directors, owners, employees, advisors, consultants and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities or expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and other costs and expenses of litigation) resulting from or otherwise connected with any of the following: (a) bodily injury, death or property damage caused by Buyer’s or its employees’ or agents’ acts or omissions with respect to the Products; (b) any design, specification, material or other component supplied or approved by Buyer for the design and manufacture of any Product; (c) any breach of the terms and conditions of this Agreement by Buyer or its employees and agents; and (d) Buyer’s and its employees’ or agents’ possession, use, handling, release, storage, transport or disposal of any Products containing hazardous or toxic materials or components.
- Confidentiality. All documentation or information provided by the Company which is marked as confidential, or which from its nature or the context in which it is given should reasonably be understood to be confidential or of a proprietary nature, shall be held by Buyer in strict confidence. All information related to the Products purchased by the Buyer is considered confidential and not for public release without express written permission from the Company. Buyer shall not disclose such information to any person or business, other than an employee and agent of Buyer who has a need to know the information; provided, however, that such employees and agents be required to maintain the information at all times in strict confidence in accordance with this Agreement.
- Hazardous Materials.
- Buyer acknowledges that ALL OF the Products ARE hazardous or toxic materials, including, without limitation, LITHIUM.
- BUYER ACKNOWLEDGES that company sells Products that include nanoparticle silicon and carbon and graphene and lithium and polymer composites.
BUYER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ALL THOSE INDIVIDUALS HANDLING ANY OF THE HAZARDOUS MATERIALS IDENTIFIED AS PRODUCTS (i) HAVE THE REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE ON HANDLING HAZARDOUS MATERIALS OR CLASS I PYROPHORIC, SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTIBLE MATERIALS, (ii) HAVE ACCESS TO APPROPRIATE EQUIPMENT TO OPEN SUCH MATERIALS, AND (iii) SHALL UTILIZE GOOD LABORATORY PRACTICES WHEREVER POSSIBLE. BUYER AND THOSE INDIVIDUALS UNDERSTAND THAT CERTAIN MATERIALS MUST BE OPENED AND HANDLED IN AN ANAEROBIC ENVIRONMENT WITH <0.1 PPM OXYGEN AND <0.1 PPM WATER PRESENT, AND MAY NEVER BE EXPOSED TO OXYGEN UNTIL THE SURFACE HAS BEEN COVERED WITH OXIDES OR OTHER APPROPRIATE CHEMISTRY.
- BUYER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO BUYER FOR ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR HARMFUL EFFECTS WHICH MAY BE CAUSED BY EXPOSURE TO PRODUCTS OR THE HANDLING OF PRODUCTS CONTAINING HAZARDOUS OR TOXIC MATERIALS SOLD BY THE COMPANY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT SUCH LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR HARMFUL EFFECTS RESULT FROM THE COMPANY’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT. Buyer accepts sole responsibility for implementing appropriate precautionary measures to prevent conditions and to avoid exposure by Buyer’s employees, agents or subcontractors of every tier to such hazardous or toxic Products. Buyer covenants and warrants that it shall fully comply with all applicable health and safety laws, rule, regulations, codes, ordinances, orders and Material Safety Data Sheets relating to workplace safety and the use, handling and storage of the Products. Buyer further covenants and warrants that it will warn its employees, agents and subcontractors of every tier who may come into contact with the Products of the above-described health risks and required protective measures.
- California Proposition 65. California’s Proposition 65 entitles California consumers to special warnings for products that contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproduction harm if those products expose consumers to such chemicals above certain threshold levels. WARNING: SOME PRODUCTS ARE CHEMICALS KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER AND BIRTH DEFECTS OR OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM.
- Intellectual Property Rights; No License; No Resale. The Company shall retain all rights in its intellectual property, including all rights under any Products, patent, patent application, copyright, trademark, trade dress, trade secret, confidential information, or other intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to the Company which may be protected by foreign, federal, state or common law, and nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed or construed to be a transfer or license of any of the Company’s intellectual property. Buyer shall obtain rights to such intellectual property only to the extent that the Company may grant such rights in writing, whether by license or otherwise. Buyer shall not reverse engineer, or otherwise seek to determine the make-up, structure of the Products or the contents of the Products or reproduce any of the Products or any part thereof without a bona fide license with the Company to do so. Buyer represents and warrants that it is buying the Products in their original form for its own use and not for purposes of resale, distribution or for any transfer or diverting for a fee or for free beyond the actual shipping address the Products are shipped to.
- Compliance with Laws; Import/Export.
- Buyer shall (i) comply with all applicable laws, statutes, rules, regulations and/or ordinances, and (ii) maintain in effect all the licenses, permissions, authorizations, consents and permits, relating to Buyer’s use, handling, storage, importation, exportation, sale or resale of the Products or otherwise related to its performance of this Agreement.
- Buyer shall be responsible for all costs and expenses relating to the Products transit across another country’s border, including, without limitation payment of any custom duties, fees or charges imposed or levied upon the Products or the Buyer. Buyer shall also be responsible for compliance with all United States export control rules and regulations. Buyer may not and shall not name the Company as shipper or exporter of record in connection with the export or re-export of any Products purchased from the Company. Buyer shall ensure that any Products that Buyer receives from the Company are exported by Buyer only, and in full compliance with all applicable laws, including U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Further, Buyer represents and warrants that it will not, directly or indirectly, divert any shipment of Products that is contrary to any applicable law, including without limitation, the Export Administration Regulations, as amended, the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977, as amended, and the Office of Foreign Asset Control Regulations.
- The Products may not be imported, exported, sold or resold, disposed of, or transported by or to any country, person or entity (including any carrier owned, flagged, leased, or chartered by any of the foregoing) which would cause the Company to be in violation of or to be penalized by the United States or any other applicable economic sanctions laws or another country.
- Excused Performance. The Company shall not be liable for any delay in the performance of this Agreement by reason of any of the following: acts of God, acts or war or terrorism, laws, regulations, acts or requests of governmental agencies, strikes, lockouts or other labor conditions, shortages of raw materials, inadequate production capacity to meet demand, fire, flood, explosion, or other damage to plant or facilities, or absence of normal transportation or any other cause which is beyond the reasonable control of the Company. In the event of any such delay, the Company’s performance hereunder shall be postponed by such length of time as may be reasonably necessary to compensate for the delay.
- No Waiver. No waiver of this Agreement or any of its provisions is valid unless expressly agreed to in a writing signed by the Company. No waiver by the Company of any default under this Agreement is a waiver of any other or subsequent default. The failure of the Company to insist upon strict and timely performance of any term or condition of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of any right or remedy that the Company may have under this Agreement or at law or equity, and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent default in performance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Modification. No modification of this Agreement or any of its provisions by Buyer is valid unless expressly agreed to in a writing signed by the Company.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then such invalidity or unenforceability shall have no effect on the other provisions hereof, which shall remain valid, binding and enforceable and in full force and effect, and such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be construed in a manner so as to give the maximum valid and enforceable effect to the intent of the parties expressed in this Agreement.
- Independent Contractor. In producing, supplying or providing any Products under this Agreement, the Company shall operate as an independent contractor. The officers, employees and agents of one party shall not be considered officers, employees or agents of the other party for any purpose whatsoever.
- Assignment. Buyer may not assign any of its rights, duties or obligations under this Agreement without the Company’s prior written consent.
- Remedies. Each of the rights and remedies of the Company under this Agreement is cumulative and in addition to any other or further remedies provided under this Agreement or at law or equity.
- Attorneys’ Fees. In the event the Company is required to retain legal counsel or to initiate proceedings to enforce or interpret the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the Company shall be entitled to recover its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs from Buyer.
- Survival. All of the agreements, representations, warranties, and indemnities made by the Company in this Agreement shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement, subject only to the applicable statutes of limitation.
- Governing Law; Arbitration. The Agreement shall be construed and governed under the laws of the State of Delaware, without application of conflict of law principles. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the aware rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Buyer acknowledges by checking here that ALL of the Products may be hazardous or toxic materials and may be CLASS I PYROPHORIC, SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTIBLE MATERIALS or may be PG III FLAMMABLE SOLIDS including nanoparticle silicon and nanoparticle silicon carbon and polymer and Lithium composites. BUYER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ALL THOSE INDIVIDUALS HANDLING THE PRODUCT (i) HAVE THE REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE ON HANDLING HAZARDOUS MATERIALS. (ii) HAVE ACCESS TO APPROPRIATE EQUIPMENT TO WORK WITH SUCH MATERIALS, AND (iii) SHALL AT ALL TIMES UTILIZE GOOD LABORATORY PRACTICES. Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the company shall not be liable to buyer for any losses, damages, claims or harmful effects which may be caused by exposure to products or the handling of products containing hazardous or toxic materials sold by the company under this agreement.